Football Index Review: Profit from Your Football Knowledge
Table of Contents
What is Football Index?
Football Index is a stockmarket, allowing you to buy shares in football players all over the world. It’s a betting product, but it’s a great combination of Betting Exchanges & fantasy football. With the addition of the opportunity to cash in from your football knowledge, it makes Football Index a fantastic platform.
My Results on Football Index
Earning Money on Football Index
There are quite a few ways to make money on Football Index.
- Match day dividends
- Media Dividends
- In play dividends
- Trading Profit (Selling Higher than you Purchased a Player)
Your aim when playing Football Index will be to buy players that you think will earn dividends. It’s important at this point to understand the dividends, but we’ve got that covered below.
New Customers at Football Index can trade £500 completely free. To Claim this, enter code FIA & deposit a minimum of £20.
Buying a Player on Football Index
Once you’ve registered and deposited your money, it’s time to buy a player. Hopefully, your years of Football Manager scouting will be put to practice here. Buying a player is very easy.
Type in the name of the player that you want to purchase, which will then take you to his profile.
- The Buy Button is circled in Yellow on the image
- You can buy as many shares as you wish.
- Maximum of 300 per transaction.
Once you have purchased a player, they are yours to keep until you decide to sell them. You can track all of your purchases in the Portfolio area.
- This shows how many shares you hold
- It also shows how much you’ve earnt from that player in dividends.
- It also shows the Cost Price, Current Value & your Profit or Loss on that player.
Earning Dividends on Football Index
There’s a reason that Jadon Sancho is more expensive than Ansu Fati, he earns dividends. Dividends drive the Football Index market. There are different types of dividends that can be earnt on Football Index, so it’s vital that you read the next part to understand how to win them.
There are 3 Types of Dividends that can be won, with a form of dividend on offer every single day on Football Index.
- If there’s no Football Match playing, Dividends will be focused around Media. This is knows as a Media Day.
- If there is a Football match on from an eligible league, it’s known as a Match Day.
It’s vital that you understand each dividend, so we are going to discuss the following below:
- Media Dividends
- Match Day Dividends
- In Play Dividends
- Transfer Window Dividends (Transfer Window Specific Dividend)
Media Dividends on Football Index
Media Dividends are on offer every single day. If you own a player that wins Media Dividends, you’ll be paid out shortly after he’s won the dividend, which is just after midnight.
When there is a Football Match playing, there will be One media buzz payout. The player with the highest Media score will earn dividends. The payout would be £0.03 per share owned.
If there isn’t a football match playing, Football Index will pay the Top 3 scoring players.
- 1st Place – £0.05 Payout per Share Owned
- 2nd Place – £0.03 Payout per Share Owned
- 3rd Place – £0.01 Payout Per Share Owned
Watching the Media Rankings
- You can see the Media Buzz leaderboard by selecting Media Rankings.
- This will show you the score for each player.
- The player with the highest score at the end of the day, wins the dividend payout.
Football Index monitor specific news outlets for their media rankings. These are predominantly UK based, so you won’t find any articles from MARCA etc. Trusted sources such as BBC, TalkSport & BBC are used. There are also some rules to the Media Ranking System:
- The Full name of the player must appear in the article, for it to be counted.
- Articles aren’t given an ‘even’ score. Sentimental Analysis is used which calculates the positivity of words, converting them into a ‘score’.
- The article must appear on the RSS Feed for it to be given a score.
Your player could have less articles written about him and still win Media Buzz. The number of articles doesn’t matter, it’s the score given from those articles.
Overall, Media Dividends are probably the easiest dividends to win consistently, as you’ll find it’s the same players that catch the attention of the reporters.
Match Day Dividends on Football Index
Match Day dividends are the payout for your players performance, on the pitch. The only leagues that are counted are the Top 5 in Europe (English Premier League, French Ligue 1, Germany Bundesliga, Italian Serie A & in Spain, The La Liga). Football Index also cover European Tournaments such as the Champions League & Europa League.
In similar fashion to Media Dividends, Match Day Dividends are paid out at the end of the day. You’ll often be waking up to dividends, in your cash balance.
Match Day Dividends are only paid out when a match is played in any of the above leagues. There are also several categories for payouts, which are classed as:
- Bronze Match Day: 1 – 4 Matches played
- Silver Match Day: 5 – 14 Matches played
- Gold Match Day: 15+ Matches Played.
The Payouts vary, depending on the type of match day. Gold Match Days have the largest payout, but will also contain the largest player pool & thus be more difficult to predict.
Each position can win it’s own dividend. The overall highest scoring player will then earn the Star Player dividend, which feels great on a Gold Day!
- You can win multiple dividends.
- Goalkeepers are included in the Defender Category
- There’s one payout per position. For Example, both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo couldn’t win Top FWD on the same day. Highest Score wins.
Highest Score Wins? How is the Score Calculated?
For every action that your player performs on the pitch, they are awarded points which accumulate towards their score. The highest overall scoring player would be the star player, aswell as earning his positional dividend. Take a look at the chart here.
In Play Dividends on Football Index
In play Dividends are a new Football Index Mechanic, designed to earn you more dividends from Match Days.
They run alongside Match Day Rankings.
For the first 30 days of Share Ownership, you can win in-play dividends. Take a quick glance at the payout per action below
Timing is crucial with these, as the 30 days start on that very moment that you confirm purchase of the shares. After the 30 days are over, there’s no more In play Dividends, unless you were to sell & re-purchase that player.
Another key point to consider, is that you can buy shares in players that have already scored goals, then win the dividends. The Dividend Deadline for IPD’s are 23:59, meaning you can buy shares and earn the dividends with ease.
In Play Dividends are eligible for the same leagues as Match Day, meaning the Portugese League sadly won’t be paid out!
Selling Your Player on Football Index
When you’ve decided that you don’t want to have a specific player anymore, you can sell him. Hopefully, you’ve managed to earn some capital appreciation along the way. Selling isn’t quite as simple as buying, as there’s a few different methods you can use.
Click Sell, on the player which you have decided to part ways with.
- The Sell Button is circled in Yellow on the image
- You can Sell to Market, or Instant Sell (Explained below)
- Maximum of 300 per transaction, but you can complete as many transactions as you wish.
When you press sell, you’ll see the following screen appear. You can choose how many shares you want to sell.
- You can choose to Add Sell order, or Instant Sell.
- Instant Sell offers you a lower price, but guarantees the shares are instantly sold.
- Adding a Sell Order will wait for another trader to purchase the shares from you. The shares enter a ‘queue’ and yours will sell when you’re at the front of the sell queue.
Finding A Player to Purchase on Football Index
You should be taking all of the above into consideration when finding a player to add to your portfolio. The best players on the platform are ones who earn dividends, but there’s also many other ways to make money.
If you have an eye for young talent, you can use this to your advantage. It’s possible to purchase a player when they’re young and not in the spotlight. As less traders will know about these, there’s lots of money to be made. Take a look at the below examples.
One year ago, Bruno Fernandes was just £2. There was little interest in him, due to the Portugese League not being an Eligible Buzz League. He’s now just under £10.
- You can Buy players that you believe will have a great future.
- If they move to a better team, their price tends to increase.
- Manchester United was the best outcome for anyone that holds Bruno, as they get lots of media attention. Always.
Jack Grealish also had an excellent rise in price. Traders may have purchased Grealish hoping that Aston Villa are relegated, which could earn him a transfer.
- Man Utd were rumoured to be interested in Grealish.
- He’s English which is a big advantage. There’s also comparisons to David Beckham, which I’ll stay out of! However, if he could become a Media Star like Beckham, his price would increase.
- Grealish has shown decent stats at Villa, which offers optimism that his Match day scores might be better in a more competitive team.
Football Index Updates
20th July 2020: A Huge Update
In Play Dividends have been increased by 5x the original amount, which will run until 30/09/2020.
- £0.05 per goal (MID or FWD)
- £0.10 per goal (GK or DEF)
- £0.05 per assist
- £0.05 per GK Clean Sheet
Summer Media Madness has also been announced, which will pay the top 5 earners of Media Dividends.
They will earn £0.08, £0.04, £0.02, £0.01 & £0.01 retrospectively.
Every Match Day during August has also been upgraded to become a Gold Match Day.
This is a pretty big update, with dividends increased everywhere!
This area is reserved for the latest updates and platform changes. When something changes, be sure to check below for the latest information.
Order books have been officially announced for Football Index. This will allow trader to control the prices of the market even further, setting Asks and Bids.
- NASDAQ Powered software, the Matching Engine
- This allows Football Index to emulate a professional trading platform, which will increase it’s audience.
Football Index have announced an EXTRA dividend, paying out now around Transfer Windows.
- £0.10 if your player completes a Transfer.
- £0.05 if your player completes a loan move.
Further Reading Material - Master Your Game
Below you will find other useful guides which will help level up your understanding of Football Index. Use these guides to increase your knowledge & profitability on the platform.
Beginners Football Index Guide
Here you can find the beginners Football Index Guide, which contains an infographic which you can view to explain Football Index quickly. Perfect if you’re short on time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Football Index Blog
Our Football Index Blog is another tool, which contains all of our information & posts. From general tips, to in-depth guides, be sure to check back on the Blog as there’s regular updates/