Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make money?
You can make a profit in various ways.
- Trading Profit. Buy A player which you believe is undervalued, or will increase in value over time. Then, when the player has increased in price, sell for a profit.
- Dividend Payouts. You can earn between £0.04-£0.23, depending on your players performance on a specific game day.
Can I lose money?
There are ways that you can lose money, profit isn’t guaranteed.
- Mistimed trades. A mistimed trade is when you buy a player at the wrong time. For Example, if you purchase a player at the peak of his form, he would be unlikely to rise further and other players may sell, leading to a trade loss.
- The great thing about Football Index is that you can’t lose your entire stake. With bookmakers, when your bet loses, your money has gone. However, with Football Index, your trades stay active for Three Years, so even if your player is sitting at a loss, there’s plenty of time for him to turn it around.
- There is a term in the T&C’s that state the bets expire after three years, however you get given plenty of notice and won’t lose out providing you sell up.
What is a 'Future'?
A Future is another word for a share. For example, if you purchase 1 Future in David Silva, you own 1 share of him.
For every share you own, you are eligible to win Performance Match Day Dividends, or Media Buzz dividends
What is The Top 200?
The Top 200 IS the top 200 tradeable footballers on Football Index.
They are the highest priced players on Football Index.
What are Squad Players?
Squad Players are the latest addition to the Index. They have been added to increase competition for dividends, which makes the platform more enjoyable and sometimes frustrating too!
Squad players contain lower value players, potential youth stars & wonderkids.
They can compete for Performance Buzz dividends, but aren’t eligible to earn Media Buzz.
They range in price, from £0.20-£1.20.
What's the difference between the Top 200 & Squad Players?
The main difference between the Top 200 & Squad Players is that only players which are sitting in the Top 200 can earn Media Buzz points.
Squad players are ineligible for this dividend, however they can still compete for Performance Buzz dividends.
This means that the maximum a squad player can earn on any given day is £0.18 per share, compared to £0.23 per share for the Top 200.
If a footballer from the Top 200 loses value, he can fall down into the Squad Players list, with a Squad Player then taking his place in the Top 200.
This only really affects your lowest valued Top 200 players, as the high valued players will never drop to £1.20, which is around the mark for the Squad Players.