I have actually sold my Lionel Messi’s now, he’s a complete dividend machine & has proved this over the last few months.
I’ll be honest, it’s been a great 2/3 months, but his price is pretty volatile due to his age, which is very unfortunate really, but I just didn’t want the stress of any price drops etc.
He has completely bossed this month again, which isn’t surprising, but I would still be a little down had I kept him and banked the dividends, so I am happy to an extent.
Lionel Messi – Football Index Player of the Month (Again!)
After earning a colossal £0.19 in dividends during March, Messi has proven he is Mr consistent, he has earnt £0.19 in april! This is the largest dividend earning for the whole month, which has secured him yet another FIA Player Of the Month award!
- Match Day Max Score of 274.
- £0.07 of Match Day Dividends.
- £0.12 of Media Dividends.
- 3.73% Dividend Yield total.
- No player earnt more dividends than Messi during March, No player scored as high a Match Day score.
Top 5 Dividend Yield of the Month – March
- Lionel Messi – £0.19
- Paul Pogba – £0.17
- Mohamed Salah – £0.14
- Eden Hazard – £0.13
- Jordi Alba £0.12
Jordi Alba has actually performed pretty well to get himself on this list. All of the players above him have Media & Match Day buzz combinations, but Alba only has Match Day dividends.
It’s no surprise to see the Top 4 as Media Buzz players, as it’s a dividend which can be won every single day.
5 Flops of the Month – March
- Jadon Sancho
- Raheem Sterling
- Harry Kane
- Marcus Rashford
I hold Neymar, but I am getting very frustrated. Another month of no dividends. When will this end?!
Other players which earnt no dividends were Sancho, Sterling, Kane & Rashford. Well actually, Kane earnt £0.02 but I expected more. I think I expect too much of Kane due to him being English. Unfortunately, he just doesn’t seem to be that good for media buzz. Yes, I am aware he was injured, but even Hudson Odoi earnt about £0.08 after his injury!
5 Lowest MAX Scores of the Month – April (£2.20+ Players)
- Mason Greenwood – Scored 22
- Marcus Rashford – Scored 37
- Neymar – Scored 45
- Gareth Bale – Scored 48
- Ousmane Dembele – Scored 77
These ones are purely for fun, you can’t read into them too much.
Some of these players aren’t getting a proper run out, but I add these to the list just to get context.
After all, it would be bias to remove them from a list just because they aren’t getting the minutes.
5 Biggest Yield of the Month
- Diego Carlos – £0.26 cost – £0.07 dividends – 26.9% yield
- Ashley Westwood – £0.19 cost – £0.05 dividends – 26.3% yield
- Andrea Consigli – £0.19 cost – £0.05 dividends – 26.3% yield
- Leonardo Bonucci – £0.22 cost – £0.05 dividends – 22.7% yield
- Roberto Gagliardini – £0.34 cost – £0.07 dividends – 20.59% yield